Pitch An Article
AllGo’s blog is now a publishing platform! This means that anyone–including you!–can now start authoring posts on AllGo’s site. If you have something to say other AllGo readers might like, we’d love to hear from you. Pieces published on our site reach hundreds of thousands of people. We hope you’ll pitch an article today!
[Have you read all of this before? Jump straight to the Pitch Form.]
A few things to know before you pitch AllGo:
- We don’t publish event coverage, anything promoting MLMs, or call out pieces.
- We welcome profiles of plus-size people doing amazing things in the world.
- When we publish pieces about fashion, the pieces are usually about major issues in the fashion industry. We don’t typically cover it when an individual brand expands its size range or when new plus-size/big & tall brands hit the scene.
- If your pitch is approved, your submission must be between 700 and 1000 words.
Here are some tips to help you write a successful pitch:
- Please be concise, and only pitch us if you have a very clear idea of what your article would be about.
- We love articles that give TOOLS and TIPS to our readers.
- The AllGo tone is funny, smart and accepting.
- Our fat- and body-positive blog covers lifestyle, business, entertainment, self-care, design & innovation, activism, and (sometimes) more.
- Some major themes we hope to address in 2020 are sex, work, travel, family dynamics, and intersections with other communities and identities.
Once we receive your pitch, you’ll hear if it was approved or not within one week. If you’re invited to submit a full piece, you’ll have two weeks to turn it in. Our editors may follow up with you for clarification about details in your story, but they are permitted to edit for length, clarity, and word choice at their discretion. We do our best to assign editors who share similar lived experiences to our authors.